BIRTHDAY! BIRTHDAY!

5/29/12


it was my birthday on saturday. we celebrated at the hollywood cemetery, have you been? it was so fun to spend time with some of my favorite people, eating, laughing, and watching Sabrina. after several difficult months, it felt so good to spend time with people who make me laugh and smile, it was exactly what i wanted/needed for my birthday.

i am so spoiled with a guy who loves to bake, i mean, look at that cake! four layers of goodness!

andre also baked chocolate chip cookies for everyone (thank you mara for the recipe!) and then, after all of that, he even offered to take care of all the photographs that night. i'm so lucky to have such a great guy in my life.


sometimes, it's hard to believe we didn't know anyone when we first moved to LA 3 years ago. we've become so close to so many different people, okay, mostly couples, ha! how did that happen? thank you to all of those who attended. we had a great time, didn't we?



I'm so glad they showed the movie Sabrina, with Audrey Hepburn. it was my first time watching it, and I could not stop laughing. what a perfect night, although, i kind of wish i could celebrate my birthday every weekend!

all photographs by Andre

12 comments:

Anna Zimmerman said...

This looks like an awesome evening! Happy Birthday!

Alex said...

This looks marvelous!! I've always wanted to go to Hollywood Cemetery to see a movie. Glad you had a perfect birthday celebration! :)

janis said...

so sweet! absolutely the perfect thing to do for your birthday. XO!

Anonymous said...

happy belated birthday! nothing better than celebrating a birthday surrounded by good friends at an interesting location like the hollywood cemetery. the cake looks delicious!

amber lynn said...

this looks like so much fun!! i have always wanted to go to a movie in the park like this. i am glad you had a great time with your love and your friends, andre sure did good :)

happy birthday!!

Jane said...

Looks like you had the loveliest night. That cake is amazing, lucky you!
Happy belated Birthday!

erica marie said...

What an amazing birthday celebration Kim! I remember seeing the cake from the photos on instagram...I can't believe Andre made it. Such a sweet guy. So happy that your birthday was everything you wanted...here's to wishing you all the best this year.

xo erica

Talia Jensen said...

happy belated birthday! and that cake looks delish. what a perfect summer night for a birthday in the park :)

Briel said...

Wow, that cake! I'm impressed Andre! :)

Haha I was going to comment on how all your friends are couples. I'm always the single one!

Julia said...

what an awesome looking birthday! your friends are so lovely and that cake, i adore!

kylie said...

looks like an awesome birthday party turnout! WHAT FUN! happy bday to you, kimmy! too bad we missed each other :(

emily said...

happy birthday! I am loving the long hair on you lady.